Sunday, September 28, 2008

Skin Care | Eczema Treatment 1

I just learnt that the first thing we should do when we set up a blog is to self introduce and say a big "HELLOo" to the blogging world and welcome to Womens Health Beauty Care! On my first post, i would like to touch on women's skin care. It will be a interesting topic as it is based on my own experience on a skin problem that i have developed recently. So make yourself a cup of coffee and read on.

Another celebration to call for is, today is my 2nd day of being medicine free, and no flare ups! = )
I've been suffering from Eczema for the past 4months, it was the most down and traumatic period of my life..

The Eczema was all over my body and face. I always feel people are staring at me due to the ugly stinging red scaly marks on my face and body, and thoughts like "Is it contagious?", is running thru their mind..

During this period, i was very short temper, and negative, partly also because i suspect i might have paget's disease (a women's disease that can lead to breast cancer) as some of the symptoms are similar to what i was having... this has make me realise how important skin care really is.

After seeing countless GPs, i went to National Skin Centre (NSC) for consultation, and was assured that it was not paget and was under going steroid medication for 3 weeks, and there has been many changes to my lifestyle ever since..

I've even start to eat healthier, more veges n fruits daily for me.. (previously i only eat meat), i start to take note of what i put into my mouth.. reading the ingredients label and nutrients level on every packet has become a basic routine for me, as doctor has warned me not to take seafoods and nuts for the time being.

Sometimes i feel this Eczema could be a good thing, it could be God's way of tapping me on the shoulder to inform me that I'm not living a healthier enough life.. I've also feel grateful to have my family support and my bf is always there to encourage me, and remind me that I'm pretty, even though i know I'm not.. it makes me appreciate life even more now.. The only down side is, til now i still can't do my daily skincare routine, and no makeup for me for the time being til my next appointment at NSC.. Just have to keep my fingers cross and hope that my face will not be too dehydrated and develop wrinkles.. ;p

If you have Eczema before, feel free to reply my post, we can exchange experiences and remedies..
In the mean time, my research for ways to improve health and beauty goes on....

Skin Care Eczema Treatment 1
Skin Care Eczema Treatment 2

Skin Care Eczema Treatment 3

No comments: